What is project management
Project Management is all about using a set of tools, disciplines and methods to achieve a specific business goal or objective.
What makes a project?
Usually a project involves these minimum five attributes:
- Specific goals or outcomes
- Start and end dates
- People or resources
- Set budgets or contraints
- Tasks and milestones
- The project is unique (i.e. it is not a business-as-usual activity)
- It may require multiple people or resources across different teams
- Progress needs to be formally tracked and communicated
- The impact should be measured when the project finishes
Key project stages
- Set an objective for the project – goals, outcomes
- Define the work requirements – tasks, activities
- Allocate people or resources to each task
- Specify a start and due date for each task, including constraints
- Measure the progress of each task to ensure progress is on-track
- Celebrate key milestones and successes
- Manage any missed tasks or deliverables
- Conduct a Post Implementation Review (PIR)
We’ve made project management easy. With Project Express by YouKit.org, you can quickly and easily manage projects online, without any special software.